Friday, November 18, 2011

Sweet Potato Casserole

I love Thanksgiving. I love family traditions. Since I have been married and do not see my family as often, it is nice when a tradition from my family becomes a tradition in our family. This dish is one in particular. I grew up with my mother making it every year. Now, I am the one to make it every year. I have no idea who it came from, but it is a family recipe that has been used more years than my age. I thought it was a special family recipe, in fact, until last year, Pioneer Woman posted a recipe almost identical to this one. So, since the "secret" is out, I guess I can put my recipe up here too! It is kind of nice knowing that she uses the same recipe I do. And please, if you are going to make this....do not put marshmallows on top. It would be a disgrace to my family. Thank you.


3 cups cooked sweet potatoes
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter
1/4 tsp vanilla
Mix all together and pour into a greased 9x13 pan.

Topping:
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup pecans
mix, and sprinkle on top of sweet potatoes
Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes, or until set in center.

No comments: