Sunday, March 18, 2012

Death by Brownie

Oh. My. Word. Where do people come up with these things? I have been seeing a "brownie" floating around the  blog world and finally gave the recipe a try. Layers of chocolate chip cookie, Oreo cookie, and brownie. Yes. Seriously. I do not know who the original founder is, but they created a true monster. I have gotten pretty good about being able to stay away from my baking if it isn't gluten free. But this, I had to try. I could not resist. So worth it. I know that I will be in pain all week, sick as a dog, and probably come down with the cold or flu, but I had to. And oh, it was so worth it.....
(picture from whatsgabycooking.com)

This can be easy, or it can be time consuming....guess which route I took?
You can make your own cookie dough and your own brownie batter, but I went with the store bought method. Besides, I wasn't going to eat it anyway, right? I did....and it was still delicious. When you can cheat, go for it.

1 1/2 rolls Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough
1 pack Oreo cookies
1 box brownie mix

Coat a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Press cookie dough down covering entire pan. Place Oreos across the pan. Mix brownie mix according to box, and pour over top. Bake 350 for 35 minutes.
Now, the good part. You can just take the pan out of the oven, let cool for a few hours, cut into bars and eat like a cookie/brownie.
OR, you can take the pan out of the oven, get a heaping scoop of warm, gooey goodness into a bowl, and serve with ice cream. And then curse me for making you gain 5 lbs. Sorry.

No comments: