Thursday, September 20, 2012

Tofu Scramble

I am not a huge fan of tofu. It has to be just right for me to eat it. And, with celiac, I am finding it harder and harder to find cheap and easy meal ideas. I purchased one of the frozen meals that was "tofu scramble" and thought I would try it. It was so good, but pricey for such a small portion. I realized, there has to be an easy way to make this at home, for a fraction of the cost. And so, I made it. Same price as the frozen meal, but I can get 7 meals out of the ingredients I bought. Easy.


Serves 1
1/8 cup diced green pepper
1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup baby spinach
1/4 cup firm tofu
2 tbsp olive oil
1/8 tsp ground ginger

Heat a medium sauce pan with olive oil on med heat. Add mushrooms and peppers, saute about 3 minutes. Add crumbled tofu, spinach, and ground ginger. Saute, stirring occasionally, 5-7 minutes.
Serve alone or with hash browns

No comments: