Monday, October 22, 2012

Pumpkin fro-yo and pumpkin dip


We are getting a little pumpkin crazed over here, and my husband is not loving it as much as the kids and I are. I wish it was socially acceptable to eat pumpkin all year long.
Here are the latest that are being eaten in the Melick kitchen.

Pumpkin Pie Frozen Yogurt
1 can pumpkin
2 cups vanilla yogurt (I used fat-free so I didn't feel terrible about eating it)
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Mix all together and if you have an ice cream maker, perfect. Just follow the directions for it. Otherwise, you can just put it in a freezer safe container and freeze, mixing every 5-10 minutes until it is the consistency you like.
We also topped it off with mini chocolate chips and whipped topping.

Pumpkin Dip
1 can pumpkin
1 package vanilla instant pudding
2 cups cool whip
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Mix all ingredients together, refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Perfect for apples, Nilla wafers, or graham crackers.

No comments: