Saturday, January 15, 2011

Breakfast Smoothie

I am NOT a breakfast person. Not only am I too busy to sit down and make myself something, but I have never really liked breakfast. Don't get me wrong. I'll eat breakfast foods. I enjoy them. But I would rather drink my breakfast. Its faster. Otherwise, I don't sit down to eat until 11 and by then, I'm making lunch.
So a few years ago, I started making my traditional breakfast smoothies. I love smoothies any time of the day. And I have a whole lot of smoothie recipes to share. But, I will start with this one.

1 cup frozen fruit (I use frozen so that I don't have to add ice. And, I like peaches, mangoes, and strawberries, but you can use whatever you want)
1 cup spinach leaves (tasteless when added to the smoothie)
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 silken tofu
1 Tbsp milled flax
1 tsp agave nectar
1/4 cup POM juice

Put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. You may have to add some more milk, depending on the consistency that you want.
Now, the tofu gives the protein to help jump start my morning. Only problem, I cant find silken anymore, so I just use soft tofu. And the agave nectar, you can substitute honey for. I just like it because it adds a little sweetness, but not too sweet.

No comments: